This morning, I wasn’t sure what to post. But then, I opened my email, and the answer lay in a person expressing gratitude.
A few weeks ago, I shared some marketing tips with an author’s group I’m a member of. At the time, I had no idea my quirky, out-of-the-box ideas would interest so many, but responses continue to flow in. As a result, I’m creating a whole program from the needs I hear expressed. But I’ll share that another day.
For now, let me share my email exchange.
I want to thank you for sharing all your marketing ideas a few weeks ago on our loop. I kept it (others I know printed it out) and will refer to it when my nonfiction book is published. I’m saying that out of faith because I don’t have a publisher yet.
“Hi Aspiring Author,
So I wrote on a piece of paper, “Lord, who are the bankers? Who do you want me to invest my talents with?” I littered every step on this journey with those questions.
- Before I learned about the first writing conference I attended, I prayed consistently over that paper.
- When I was learning to write by reading books on the craft and business of writing, this prayer went up.
- While I worked on my proposal, I prayed.
- When it came time to seek an agent, this was my heart’s request.
- When my agent started shopping my proposal, I asked God to lead her to the publisher He intended me to partner with.
- After publication, I prayed over the marketing.
- Today, I continue to pray and ask God, “Who are the readers you want me to invest my talents with?”
- And as I work on new projects, the process starts all over again.
Anita Agers-Brooks is a Business and Inspirational Coach, Certified Personality Trainer, Productivity Expert, Certified Training Facilitator, Communications Specialist, and national speaker. Anita is also the author of, First Hired, Last Fired — How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market. Now available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books a Million, Lifeway, Christianbook.com, select Walmart’s, plus many fine stores, Christian and otherwise.
She’s a partner in The Zenith Zone, a business coaching firm. Member of the Christian Writer’s Guild, Toastmasters, and a client of WordServe Literary Group. A graduate of CLASSeminars for Leaders, Speakers, and Authors, a co-founder of The StoryWriting Studio, and speaker on circuit for Stonecroft International Ministries. Anita co-hosts a weekly podcast, Engaging Life and Leadership with Darren Dake, #3 in Christian Leadership on iTunes, and available on Stitcher, and other podcast platforms.
Anita is passionate about business with integrity, healthy relationships, and issues of identity. She travels the country teaching others from her personal experiences and research. She believes it’s never too late for a fresh start with fresh faith.
Her favorite past time is lounging by a river or lake in Missouri, laughing with with her husband of thirty years, Ricky.