Writing Exercise — Looking at the photo below, ask yourselves this series of questions:
1. Who is peeking past the autumn leaves?
2. Why are they hiding?
3. What does the air smell like?
4. What’s coming downstream?
5. What does the ground feel like beneath the peeker’s feet?
6. Are the birds singing or silent?
7. What time of day is it?
8. How did the peeker get here?
9. How is the peeker dressed?
10. What food or drink is available, and how is it stored?
11. If something crunched the path behind, what would be lurking beyond the foliage?
12. What might the colors in the photo symbolize?
Anita Agers-Brooks is an Inspirational Coach, Certified Personality Trainer, Productivity Specialist, Certified Team Training Facilitator, Marketing Specialist, national speaker, and author.
She’s a member of the Christian Writer’s Guild, client of WordServe Literary Group, graduate of CLASS for Leaders, Speakers, and Authors, a founder of The StoryWriting Studio, and speaker on circuit for Stonecroft International Ministries.
Anita’s passionate about business with integrity, healthy relationships, and issues of identity. She travels the country teaching others from her personal experiences and research. She believes it’s never too late for a fresh start with fresh faith. Anita lives in Missouri with her husband Ricky.